Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Oh Fudge, Valentine's Day Sure is Close!

Oh fudge, we meet again.

Here's a little backstory to the relationship between me and fudge...
Back when I was in seventh grade, my school was hosting a trip to Boston and I wanted to go. So, me and mom tried to figure out ways for me to get money in order to go. What did we come up with? Fudge. Lots of fudge. We sold enough fudge for a small fee to everyone we knew until I had enough money to go. (good thing the trip was fun). After all the fudge making every single night for way longer than I expected, I never wanted to even look at it again...

So, knowing that, I think it's safe to say that this recipe is good and pretty much perfected.

Ooooh, how fancy

What you need:
1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
2/3 cup of evaporated milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of mini marshmallows
1 1/2 bags of chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

What you do:
Have a baking pan lined with foil at the ready before you begin. Combine the sugar, butter, salt and evaporated milk in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a full boil while constantly stirring. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes then remove from heat. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla and stir stir stir. At this point, the fudge gets really tough to stir but keep on it until it's fully mixed (I also recommend a sturdy spoon). Once mixed, pour it into your baking pan and pop it in the fridge until it's firm. Then you can take it out and do whatever you wish! I cut mine into three different heart shapes and plated them all fancy (why not). OR if you have a lot of patience, you could have a large baking pan and make the fudge thin, then cut into small bite-sized pieces. I think they would like so cute in a mason jar with some frilly ribbons and a cute note as a gift.


So, that's all for today. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! Until then,
Check out my other stuff
Twitter
Tumblr
Luvocracy

BYE.




P.S. Yes, that title really DID happen. I have no shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment