Monday, February 10, 2014

Nutella Bars...YUM!

I've been in a weird mood all week, like WEIRD. I have been wanting to bake things all. the. time. So I did. (obviously...)

With Valentine's day coming up on Friday, I have decided to do a full week of baking posts. One a day for the next five days. Any and all of these recipes can be used as a nice little gift for your parents, friends, or significant others. Just decorate them up a bit and you're good to go!

Allllllrighty, we started this week off by making some Nutella bars. (who doesn't like Nutella, right?)




What you need:
3/4 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup of Nutella
1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 box of instant chocolate pudding
2 cups of m&ms

What you do: (recipe used from HERE)
Beat the butter, Nutella, white sugar and brown sugar until it's creamy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat again. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the other bowl. Be careful not to over mix the mixture at this point. Then, stir in the m&ms, then spread into a greased pan and put in the oven (preheated at 350°F). Bake for about 12 minutes, then let cool. I cut mine into heart shapes, but of course you can do whatever you would like. I just wanted to keep with the Valentine's theme.


To decorate these as gifts, you could buy little "take-out" containers, like the ones you get from chinese take out. I see they sell them in a couple places, such as Target. Then, you could add a little gift tag and some ribbon. I'm sure no one would complain about getting yummy chocolate desserts for Valentine's day. (I know I wouldn't)

So, that's all for today! I'll be back tomorrow with another recipe. :)

In the mean time,
Check out my other stuff
Twitter
Tumblr
Luvocracy


BYE.


P.S. One of my favorite Youtubers, Tyler Oakley, is trying to raise $150,000 for The Trevor Project. They provide crisis intervention and suicide prevention to the LBGTQ community between the ages of 13-24. You can donate by going HERE. And the best part is, the more you donate, the more prizes you get from Tyler, but of course any amount donated is helpful. Also, you can learn more about the Trevor Project HERE. Thanks guys!

Tyler's channel HERE



















No comments:

Post a Comment