Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! So, I have a bit of a confession to make. I was planning on posting a sugar cookie recipe with some awesome conversation heart frosting, but I was way too lazy; but that sparked another idea. For the lazy ones out there, or just the people who are rushed for time, here's a cute little idea for a gift or just a little festive decor for around the house. 



These were the easiest things to do ever, but I like to think they turned out so cute! All I did was go to Target and buy the four pack of little mason jars (around $6) and a bunch of little Valentine's candy. (If you want more, they have full sized mason jars in a pack of twelve for $10). 
I filled them with conversation hearts, Hershey kisses, and hot chocolate with some marshmallows on top. Then, I just grabbed some fabric paint and wrote some little phrases to spruce then up a bit. These took me somewhere around an hour, and that was even a long time (I kept putting my hand in the wet paint; watch out for that...) And the best part about these are, once your done with them, the dried paint just peels right off and the residue that's left comes off with a little bit of water. 





I really liked these and they made it look like I tried hard to make my room look festive. And of course, the candy inside is never ever a bad thing.


I hope you're all having a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with a makeup-y post again. 

BYE.

Check out my other stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment