Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats, yes please!

Welcome back guys!
I have a short post today, primarily because this is the EASIEST recipe I've ever seen. Very quick, very easy, very tasty. (And not super unhealthy. It's a win, win, win, win; if you ask me)


I'm bringing back your childhood with these Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

Not the prettiest dessert, but who cares?

What You Need:
1/4 cup of butter
5 cups of chocolate Rice Krispies
4 cups of marshmallows

What You Do:
Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows and cereal and stir like crazy just until the marshmallows are melted, then immediately transfer to a pre-greased pan. Smooth them out, let them cool, then cut into whatever shapes you would like! (As a little hint from my mother, take a crumpled piece of Saran wrap, spray with a little grease and use that to spread them out; it's MUCH easier.) Aaaaaaand, that's it.

Next time someone hands you a rice krispie treat and says how hard they worked on them, don't fall into that trap. If I can do it, anyone can.

For Valentine's day, I just sprinkled some festive sprinkles on top of these bad boys, but you could also cut them into bigger squares (or hearts) and give them as a gift. OR you could swap out the chocolate rice krispies for original ones and coat the top with melted chocolate. OR just go with the chocolate on chocolate. So many options, so little time.


That's it for today! I'll be back again tomorrow with another easy recipe. Until then,
Check out my other stuff
Twitter
Tumblr
Luvocracy

BYE.


No comments:

Post a Comment