Saturday, February 15, 2014

February Birchbox!

Alrighty, and we're back to makeup talk. I actually really enjoyed my little baking week. I've been really into DIY things, so I may include some more stuff like that later on.

But, my February birchbox already came in!
First though, let's flashback to last month.

For those of you who don't know, Birchbox is a monthly box that contains five different high-end products, whether they be skincare, fragrances, makeup, nail polish, or lifestyle items. And the best part is, if you like the items, you can go onto birchbox.com and order the full size! 


Quick little reviews and comments
Last month, I received the Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner. I like this, but I don't find myself using it. With my hair, dry shampoo does a good job so I feel like this is just a useless product to me. I do like the scent of it though, so I've been using it after I get out of work just to get the disgusting pizzeria smell out of my hair. I won't be purchasing the full size of this.
I also received the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara. I really think I love this mascara. It smells like fruit and it does a pretty good job. It's not necessarily the best. Like, it works but it doesn't do anything special for my lashes. I've been wearing this to work four times a week and it doesn't smudge at all. I may purchase the full size for this, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend the $18 on a product that's not THAT great.
I also got the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips and oh my god I'm in love. This product is way thicker than a normal lip balm but I think it really works. I've been putting it on every night before bed and before I go to work. It lasts so long on my lips and makes them look glossy. I am 100% purchasing the full size of this once my little trial size runs out (which is taking longer than I thought. A little goes a long way with this).
I got the Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Ride 'Em Cowgirl. I haven't painted my nails fully with this, but I did paint one! That counts for something... I like this as a top coat, especially over black nail polish. It dried pretty quickly and looks so good. It didn't change a whole lot outside, but we also haven't really seen the sun since, like, November. I'll definitely keep this around and use it once in awhile. You can never really go wrong with a gold sparkle, but I don't think I'll purchase the full size. I might seek out the other colors they have though!
Lastly, last month I received Ahmad Teas in Apricot Sunrise Black Tea, English Breakfast Black Tea, and Pure Green Tea. I said I was so excited about these because I love tea a lot, and I was excited! That is, until I put them with my other teas and never touched them. I completely forgot about them until right now. Whoops!


ooooookay, onto this month.


In this box, I received...

Bain de Terre Passion Flower Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner
$12 for the shampoo; $13.50 for the conditioner (13.5 oz)

This is absolutely perfect for me considering my natural hair color hasn't really been seen in years. It smells amazing and I'm really hoping it works good with my hair.










Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette 
$34 for full size palette (20 shades)


I'm really pleased with these colors. I've been into very neutral looks lately and this palette is perfect. The colors are very pigmented and seemed to blend easily. I will 100% be playing around with these soon.









Hello by Harvey Prince
$26 for 8.8 mL; $55 for 50 mL



This scent is citrus and floral scented. I mean, it smells good but I've never been into anything floral smelling. I think this'll make it's way into my sister's possession. But on a good note, the little card it came in is SO cute.








StriVectin™-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment 
$109 for 1.7 oz


This product is supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and increase your skin's radiance. I mean, I'm only 19 so I don't have any wrinkles YET. But even skin tone? Yes please. This cream doesn't feel greasy and my skin just soaks it right up. I have high hopes for this!







So, those are my five products for the month. I'm really liking these boxes so far and I recommend getting them. I'll put my actual reviews for these products once March's box comes.
Until then,
Check out my other stuff
Twitter
Tumblr
Luvocracy

BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment